Martin Williams presents at Sustainable Ports Summit
Technical Director, Martin Williams, is heading to Copenhagen this week to present at the Sustainable Ports Summit on Friday 22 March. The summit will explore how ports are helping to make sustainable shipping a reality.
Discussion highlights will include:
- the World Ports Sustainability Programme
- climate change preparedness
- port infrastructure for a multi-fuel future
- logistics and planning for energy efficiency, and
- financing tools to speed the transition to green ports.
Martin's presentation, entitled: "Climate Change Preparedness", will examine the role that operational simulation software plays in climate resilience planning. To illustrate, Martin will describe a case study, conducted under the EU funded Copernicus Climate Data Service contract (C3S), in which the results of simulating shipping operations at the Port of Tyne (UK) under a range of climate projection scenarios will provide the basis for the port’s climate resilience strategy.
Want to know more?